Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: February/March 2017
We are expanding our Finance Team to support the growth of the business and hence are looking for an ambitious and trustworthy Accounting Assistant to be the part of our success story. If you would like to work in a fast growing business and build a career in accounting, we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will assist our Finance team with the financial and general administrative operations of the company. You will
- Ensure the timely and accurate invoicing of all jobs
- Manage supplier payments in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain supplier payment records (Including entry to Sage).
- Process staff expense claims.
- Manage petty cash book-keeping.
- Manage debtors and reduce debtor days.
- Complete VAT accounting.
- Reconcile bank accounts at the month ends.
- Preparing financial reports as required.
- Responsible for purchasing groceries, stationery and other items needed to run the office smoothly.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Basic accounting knowledge, ideally studying for an accountancy qualification (AAT/ICB/ACCA/CIMA).
- Excellent spoken & written English, strong communication skills
- Confident user of Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage 50
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Adaptable, resourceful and quick learner
- Team spirit and ability to collaborate with colleagues on a global scale.
- Trustworthy, reliable and demonstrate commitment to the company’s growth
- Experience with payroll, Xero and Quickbooks are highly advantageous
- General understanding of or experience in working in a professional service environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Fast-track your career in accounting/finance
- Support for your accountancy qualification and development objectives (attend a wide range of in-house and external training courses)
- Work in a global, vibrant, diverse and inspiring environment (and the list goes on, ask any of us!)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, bike to work, travel card loan, fruit)
- Participate in Community Connect, our initiative to help the people around us
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions agency headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK as ranked by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and we are amongst the Global Top 100 companies within the $38bn localisation industry. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Australia, Singapore and Turkey.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with the Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award backed by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.