German Translation Project Manager (Market Research)
Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based bonus
Starting date: December 2016
Our London-based Market Research Team is looking for an experienced Project Manager, who will oversee the production of language services. Your primary focus will be working with our German-speaking accounts, but as a true team player, your work will also involve a wide range of services in other languages and markets.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Work as a member of our Market Research Team and manage the production of language services for German-speaking research clients
- Oversee the full-cycle of project management and develop efficient solutions to your clients’ language requirements
- Carry out proofreading, editing and translation (occasionally) as well as text analyses and other text processing, including typesetting, tabulation, artwork and page layout
- Develop trusted partnership with your clients and your colleagues by sharing your expertise and offering your support
- Train and mentor more junior members of the team
We are looking for candidates with:
- Exceptional language skills: near level of German and English
- At least 2 years’ experience in the supply or client-side translation and ideally the market research industry within a project management role
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners
- Flexibility and a positive ‘can-do’ approach
What it is like to work on our Market Research Team:
- You will work in our London office as a part of a global team with colleagues based in the US, mainland Europe and Asia Pacific regions
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience working with the world’s leading research firms
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a fundamental role in developing innovative solutions that change the way researchers do international studies
Language Connect is a dynamic, language solutions agency headquartered in London that specialises in providing language services to the Market Research Industry. Our focus and main USP is developing innovative technology solutions tailored to providing operational efficiencies to our research partners that elevate us above other traditional translation companies. This has been recognised amongst our clients and MR industry associations by Language Connect be awarded the “Best Support Services Company” winner of the Market Research Society (MRS) Operational Awards 2015. Language Connect are also the Official Translation partner globally to ESOMAR.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.