Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: June/July 2017
We are now looking for a technical resource to join our Technology Team developing innovative language solutions that shape our industry.
- User Support – You support team members, but in London and in global locations on Microsoft and business critical applications at Language Connect.
- You will assist the team on technical projects to engineer and develop solutions to allow content to be pre- and post- processed by existing applications
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate as part of a team to support global users on various tools and technologies.
- Working off a ticketing system, you ensure that tasks are prioritized, actioned and escalated correctly
- Ensure all requirements are understood, documented and analysed appropriately for maximum efficiency in resolving the task.
- Adhere to the Language Connect Life Cycle, processes, methodologies, ISO program standards and IT controls for best practices, testing, systems acceptance, change control, and security.
- Adhere to project timelines and deliverable, effective communication of changes or disruptions to the schedule with a focus on expectation alignment
What you’ll need to succeed in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or higher.
- 1-2 years in technical support role, supporting Microsoft and other technologies.
- Hands on experience in engineering, testing, and documentation tasks
- Collaborative approach to work with ability to establish efficient and productive relationships with colleagues across the company.
- Familiarity with CAT (Computer Aid Translation) tools an advantage
- Familiarity with ISO27001 or ISMS an advantage
What we can offer:
- Competitive package with bonus linked to business performance
- Opportunity to build a new team within a well-established, profitable business
- Freedom to evolve the technology strategy
- Join a company with a differentiated offering at the intersection of globalisation and technology
- Enthusiastic, positive, engaged colleagues from all over the world
Language Connect is a dynamic, technology-driven language solutions agency headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area with offices in Galway, New York, Munich, Istanbul, Singapore and Dubai with around 60 full-time staff. Our focus and primary USP is developing innovative technology solutions that deliver operational efficiencies to our clients. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the $38bn language services industry, we have featured in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and won awards for innovation.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.