Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: October 2016
This management-level position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, high achieving Technology leader looking to make the next step in their career a meaningful one with one of the leading global Language Services Providers.
As Technology Director, you will be responsible for the company’s technology and building a world-class team of engineers, developers and support staff. This represents an opportunity to have real influence and impact within an innovative, dynamic and ambitious company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and manage the company’s technology provision
- Manage and develop our technology strategy
- Build, coach and supervise an industry-leading Technology team
- Represent the Technology function on the company’s management team
- Collaborate with other Managers to design and deliver business strategy
What we are looking for
- Hands-on experience in building, supervising and motivating a Technology team
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing technology strategies and solutions that drive business performance and organisational growth
- Demonstrated success managing a 24/7 operational environment and IT provisions across multiple global locations
- Working knowledge of agile software development processes
- Evidence of progressively increasing responsibility and achievement in the IT Services area
Core Technical Expertise:
- Networking & Telephony Concepts: Routing, VPN, NAT, Firewall, VLAN, QoS and SIP/VOIP
- Server OSs & Roles: Windows Server 2008-2012 R2, Linux (CentOS)
- Security & Backup: Security Certificates, Access Protection, Data Protection
- Licensing Frameworks: Microsoft (Server, Office/Office 365 etc.) and Adobe (CC/CS)
Desired Experience & Competencies
- Understanding and/or previous experience of the language services industry
- Competencies: Strong Collaborator & Communicator, Strategic Thinking, Business Acumen, Commercial Drive, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Creativity.
What we can offer:
- Competitive package with bonus linked to business performance
- Opportunity to build a new team within a well-established, profitable business
- Freedom to evolve the technology strategy
- Join a company with a differentiated offering at the intersection of globalisation and technology
- Enthusiastic, positive, engaged colleagues from all over the world
Please note that we will not be accepting unsolicited referrals from recruitment agencies for this position.
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions agency headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK as ranked by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and we are amongst the Global Top 100 companies within the $38bn localisation industry. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Australia, Singapore and Turkey.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with the Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award backed by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.