Communicate across language barriers using our professional interpreting service
Language Connect specialises in the provision of foreign language interpreters for a range of professional, judicial and social situations, such as hospital, court or conferences.
Language Connect provides the following interpreting services:
- Consecutive Interpreting – perhaps the most common form of face-to-face interpreting, and used in small formal and informal meetings. The interpreter waits for a suitable break before interpreting for the audience
- Simultaneous Interpreting - the interpreter speaks whilst simultaneously listening to and comprehending the next sentence. Their interpretation is usually relayed via headphones at large conferences, media launches and TV broadcasts, or whispered in smaller surroundings such as courtrooms
- Telephone Interpreting - when getting an interpreter to a location is not feasible, telephone is usually the next best option
- Face-to-Face Interpreting – all forms of interpreting where language interpreters and speakers are face-to-face
- Conference Interpreting - a conference interpreter will often interpret simultaneously to the audience via specialist audio equipment so that the speaker does not need to pause or be interrupted
- Ad-hoc Interpreting – where the language interpreter only aims to interpret the most pertinent points of the speaker’s address
The selection process
Our language interpreters are matched to an assignment’s requirements on the basis of their interpreting skills, language fluency and specific industry experience. The interpreting skills required for each assignment are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All Language Connect interpreters possess a graduate-level qualification in their specialist language and at least 2 years’ interpreting experience within their industry field.
In some interpreting contexts, we require our interpreters to hold specialist qualifications. For instance, all court interpreters must hold the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) or be registered on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters.
As a leading UK translating and interpreting services company, we provide interpreters for tens of thousands of assignments across private and public sector organisations, annually. We also supply British Sign Language trained interpreters.