Captivate your audience with professional voice talent in all major languages
Foreign Voice Overs
Voice over is the term most commonly used to refer to a production technique where a non-diegetic voice is broadcast live or pre-recorded in radio, television, film, theatre or in presentations.
A high quality foreign voice over enables companies interested in capturing an international market to localise a wide variety of their content and communicate across linguistic and cultural boundaries.
How we can help
Language Connect provides foreign voice over artistes with proven experience in television, film and radio recording, including professional actors, broadcasters, commentators and narrators.
We cover a broad range of languages, dialects and regional accents, and work closely with our clients, negotiating each project on its own merits to source the right artiste from our extensive database. We plan and deliver the target language, dialect (e.g. Chinese Mandarin, Latin American Spanish), sex (male, female), pitch (hard, soft), and voice tones (sincere, cultured, humorous, authoritative) to fit your specifications.
We only ever use professional voice over artistes who speak the chosen language as their mother tongue. This ensures that every word is pronounced correctly and that the text’s nuances are conveyed using an appropriate technique.
Our foreign language voice over services comprise of the following:
- Large panel of professional native-speaker voice talents in a wide range of languages
- Range of male and female voice styles
- Market adaptation – we adapt your script to suit the cultural differences of your target audience
- Modern recording studio facilities – all voice over recordings are made in professional studios to guarantee sound quality, and native speakers ensure a natural, accurate, and professional voice over. We can also offer our clients highly experienced producers to supervise the recording and offer advice on royalty fees if the artist’s work is going to be broadcast
- Script translation – timing is imperative as foreign language scripts often vary greatly in length. Native speaking specialist language translators are best placed to deal with word swells (a feature of translated text whereby some languages require more text or longer words than the source language). For example, when translating from English into German, text can swell up to 50% and from English to Polish, 20%
- Transcription – we provide English and foreign language time-coded transcriptions of rushes, finished programmes and recordings
- Subtitling – we can produce broadcast-quality subtitles in both digital and analogue formats, delivered to fast turnaround times. Our language experts are well-versed in the demands of multilingual subtitling and take into consideration a variety of factors including synchronisation of sound and imagery, reading speed, content, line break rules for different languages and length of different languages