Business Development Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced New Business Development Manager to join our global Sales Team in London. As a New Business Development Manager (hunter) you will build trusted partnerships with new customers with a strong focus within the retail sector. You will focus on developing new accounts by providing innovative solutions to your clients’ needs and by partnering with our Marketing, Operations and IT departments. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a more visible and rewarding opportunity with an established, fast growing and award winning LSP.
This is a hunter role therefore you will focus solely on outbound sales activities to win new business.
As a NBDM you will
- Conduct outbound sales activities focusing on pre-defined sectors, such as, Retail and other professional services.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to point of sale
- Collaborate with Operations staff to architect customised solutions for our clients
- Offer a consultative-driven, strategic sales approach to foster long-term, profitable relationships.
- Work with sales & marketing colleagues in the company’s international branches to exploit global opportunities within a prospect or client organisation globally
Desired skills and expertise:
- 3 years+ experience in Solution Sales
- Solid track record in lead generation and new business development in the language service industry ideally within the retail and e-commerce sector
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and on own initiative
- Good listener and confident communicator who can influence key decision makers
- Understanding of the language service and localisation industry
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand client needs and develop innovative solutions for them
- Credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners
What we can offer:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Accelerate your career in a fast-growing company
- Support for your development and career progression
- Work in a global, vibrant, diverse and inspiring environment
About Language Connect
Language Connect delivers fast, accurate language translation services to national and international clients across multiple sectors and time zones. We have offices in London, Istanbul, Singapore, Melbourne, New York Munich and Dubai work 24/7 for our clients. But what makes us different? It’s our understanding of your business needs, our commitment to your project, our sensitivity to cultural differences and our ‘can-do’ approach that set us apart from other translation companies. We set the trend in innovation, quality and service and have won multiple awards. We offer a range of solutions including translation, interpreting, localisation, voiceovers and digital language services in over 150 languages and dialects. With an international presence, Language Connect can guarantee a fast and professional response at all times. Our credentials as an award-winning, professional translation agency are underlined by our quality accreditation and membership of two of the translation industry’s most prestigious associations, the Association of Translation Companies (ATC) and the Globalization and Localization Association (GALA).
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: