Business Development Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our global Sales Team. As a Business Development Manager, you will build trusted partnerships with our new and existing customers with a key focus within the e-commerce/retail sector. You will focus on developing new and existing buying accounts by providing innovative solutions to your clients’ needs and by partnering with our Marketing, Operations and IT departments.
As a Business Development Manager you will
- Establish trusted partnerships with our clients with the aim of becoming their strategic partner and most preferred provider – the role involves primarily hunting for new business but also an element of farming existing client relationships
- Focus on customers across a range of our key verticals with a primary focus on retail and/or e-commerce sectors
- Consult and build value to our clients and prospects by identifying process and workflow improvements.
- Build a link with our production and technology teams in order to provide excellent customer care and optimize existing production processes
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop strategic partnerships with customers and to influence key decision makers
- Solid understanding of the retail and/or e-commerce sector. Experience in the production of language services is highly advantageous
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand client needs and develop/ tailor solutions for them
- Strong attention to detail
- Be organized and efficient whilst working towards tight deadlines
- Drive to provide industry-leading service to our clients
- Creative thinking with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire trust and willingness to share your expertise and learn from the people around you
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic team member with conscientiousness in promoting the growth of our Company
- A logical thinker with a high level of computer literacy and the ability to learn new technologies and programs quickly
What we can offer:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Accelerate your career in a fast-growing company
- Support for your development and career progression
- Work in a global, vibrant, diverse and inspiring environment
About Language Connect
We are one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK as ranked by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and we are in the Global Top 100 companies within the $35bn language services industry.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with the Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award backed by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: