Business Development Manager
Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Germany – home based
Reports to: Group Director of Strategic Accounts (based in London)
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our global Sales Team. As a Business Development Manager, you will build trusted partnerships with our new and existing customers in the market research sector. You will focus on developing new and existing buying accounts by providing innovative solutions to your clients’ needs and by partnering with our Marketing, Operations and IT departments. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a slight change in career while remaining involved in the market research environment.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Establish trusted partnerships with our clients with the aim of becoming their strategic partner and most preferred provider – the role involves primarily hunting for new business but also an element of farming existing client relationships
- Focus on customers in the market research, marketing, retail and/or e-commerce sectors
- Develop our existing buying accounts by providing innovative solutions to your clients’ needs and by partnering with our Marketing, Operations and IT departments
- Build a link with our production and IT teams in order to provide excellent customer care and optimize existing production processes
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop strategic partnerships with customers and to influence key decision makers
- Solid understanding of the market research and ideally the language service and localization industry, experience in the production of language services is highly advantageous
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand client needs and develop innovative solutions for them
- Strong attention to detail
- Be organized and efficient whilst working towards tight deadlines
- Drive to provide industry-leading service to our clients
- Creative thinking with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire trust and willingness to share your expertise and learn from the people around you
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic team member with conscientiousness in promoting the growth of our Company
- A logical thinker with a high level of computer literacy and the ability to learn new technologies and programs quickly
What we can offer:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Accelerate your career in a fast-growing company
- Support for your development and career progression
- Work in a global, vibrant, diverse and inspiring environment
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 3 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK by revenue. We hold the prestigious Queen’s Award in International Trade and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: