German speaking Project Executive
Our London‐based Translation Team is looking for a Project Executive, who will oversee the production of language services. Your primary focus will be working with our German‐speaking accounts, but as a true team player, your work will also involve a wide range of services in other languages and markets.
Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: November/December 2018
As a Project Executive, you will:
- Work as a member of our Translation Team and manage smaller, established accounts, providing helpful, knowledgeable and friendly support to our German and English speaking clients
- Carry out proofreading, editing and translation (occasionally) as well as text analyses and other text processing, including typesetting, tabulation, artwork and page layout
- Use translation management software to leverage internal and translation memory (TM) segment repetitions
- Update the company’s administration systems for project, supplier and client data in accordance with our procedures
We are looking for candidates with:
- Exceptional language skills: near native level of German and English
- At least 3-6 months’ work experience at a Language Service Provider, assisting the Project Managers with translation, proofreading, or sourcing linguists
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners
- Flexibility and a positive ‘can‐do’ approach
What it is like to work on our Operations Team:
- You will work in our London office as a part of an international team
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience in their fields, which means that you will have a strong support network around you
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As a part of a dynamic, high growth and technology‐oriented company you will play a role in developing solutions that make translation easier for our clients
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 3 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK by revenue. We hold the prestigious Queen’s Award in International Trade and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.