Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: Jan 2018
This management-level position is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic HR leader to play a key part in the next stage of development of one of the highest-performing businesses in the growth industry of language services.
As HR Director, you will be responsible for the company’s HR function encompassing all people recruitment, development and motivation activities within our global teams operating in 9 countries. This represents an opportunity to have real influence and impact within a company recognised for its strong culture and people focus with the overall aim of providing a fulfilling and inspiring place for our staff to work.
Who we are
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 5 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has 75 employees working across six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including at the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards 2017, within the Top 50 Medium-sized Undergraduate Schemes and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
In this position you will:
- Scale the HR function to support and drive the company’s expansion goals of doubling in size within the next 3 years
- Develop and safeguard the company’s values-based culture
- Design and implement HR strategy in alignment with the company’s strategy
- Nurture strategically-important skills and competences within the organization
- Provide professional HR advice and practical support to our managers and employees
- Ensure compliance with local market regulations and employment legislation
What we are looking for:
- Experience in leading the HR function within high growth organisations of 100-250 employees
- You will have operated at management level in previous roles and be able to show a proven track record in people management
- You will have a strong understanding of what it takes to build high-performing teams and cultures
- Experience developing HR strategy within a commercial context
- Experience operating in an international context
- Prior experience of mentoring, coaching and knowledge of DISC or similar cognitive behavioural assessment tools
- Knowledge of HR, Performance and Candidate Management IT systems
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation (knowledge of other jurisdictions is desirable)
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.