Operations Manager – THG Translation Team
Location: London or Manchester
Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: ASAP
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead a team that manages language services for a diverse range of clients. Your primary focus will be working with our internal THG clients, but as a true team player, your work may also involve a wide range of services in other verticals or for 3rd party THG clients. You will be managing a team of dedicated Project Managers and Project Executives in a role based either in the Language Connect office in London or in the THG Headquarter in Manchester.
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and join our team where your contribution is valued and you will work with dedicated and like-minded colleagues, who are experts in their field. We would love to discuss your opportunities at Language Connect.
As an Operations Manager, you will:
- Lead an operations team providing multi-language solutions for the E-Commerce and Retail divisions of THG
- Manage our THG Translation Team and oversee end-to-end production processes and solutions development for internal clients
- Oversee the full-cycle of project management and develop efficient solutions to your clients’ language requirements
- Act as the dedicated Account Manager for internal THG clients and develop trusted partnerships with your clients and your colleagues by sharing your expertise and offering your support
- Train, mentor and manage more junior members of the team
- Collaborate with other operations management to design and implement team strategy aligned with the Group’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with other departments of the Group (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Technology, HR and Finance) to ensure smooth production process and excellent client service
- Implement and use the latest translation technologies as well as internal/client specific IT Systems to increase productivity and ensure high-quality of service
We are looking for a candidate with:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a people and project management role within the language services industry
- Exceptional language skills
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, developing and leading teams or junior colleagues
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners
- Flexibility and a positive, ‘can-do’ approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a team player and conscientiousness in promoting the growth and awareness of Language Connect within the THG Group
What it is like to work in our Operations Teams:
- You will work in our London or Manchester office as a part of an international team
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience in their fields, which means that you will have a strong support network around you
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As a part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a role in developing solutions that make translation easier for our clients
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We hold the prestigious Queen’s Award in International Trade and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. The company has offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: