Operations Manager – Market Research (US)
Location: New York City
Starting date: January 2018
We are now looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our New York office and oversee our language service provision to the market research industry in North-America.
As Operations Manager you will:
- Oversee and upscale the operations and service provision to the market research industry in North America; inspire, motivate and lead an operations team providing language solutions to research industry
- Day-to-day management of the New York office, including project management, hiring, training & development, and supervision of US staff
- Act as an operational lead for global accounts headquartered in the region
- Oversee end-to-end production processes and solutions development for clients
- Work as a member of a global team delivering value and competitive edge to international researchers
- Develop trusted partnerships with your clients, colleagues and suppliers by sharing your expertise and support
We are looking for candidates with:
- Exceptional language skills to degree level in at least one language other than English
- Extensive experience in the supply or client-side translation and ideally the market research industry within a project and operations management role with people management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, developing and leading teams through periods of change and high growth
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners
- Flexibility and a positive, ‘can-do’ approach
What it is like to work on our global Market Research Team:
- You will work in our New York office as a part of a global team with colleagues based in the UK, mainland Europe and Asia Pacific regions
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience working with the world’s leading research firms
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a fundamental role in developing innovative solutions that change the way researchers do multi-country studies
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 5 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK by revenue and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Our focus and main USP is developing innovative technology solutions tailored to providing operational efficiencies to our research partners that elevate us above other traditional translation companies. This has been recognised amongst our clients and MR industry associations by Language Connect be awarded the “Best Support Services Company” winner of the Market Research Society (MRS) Operational Awards 2015. Language Connect are also the Official Translation partner globally to ESOMAR.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.