Project Management Internship
Type: Full time position
Location: New York
Duration: 4 months
Starting date: June 2018
Language Connect is a dynamic, technology-driven language service agency headquartered in London, UK.
We are one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK as ranked by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and we are in the Global Top 100 companies within the $35bn language services industry.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to develop careers and create an inspiring work environment has just been recognised with the Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award backed by the UK-Government.
Our Internship Programme has launched the careers of more than 60 students across the UK, Europe and Turkey in the past 5 years and we are now looking for pioneers in the US to drive our expansion and be part of our truly global team.
This is a multifaceted role which will allow you to get exposure to a wide range of business activities and shape your career if you are open to learn on the go.
During your internship you will:
- Work as a member of our global Operations Team and assist the project managers in the production of language services. You will have the chance to source and coordinate your linguists and run your own projects
- Learn how to carry out quality checks and ensure that the production work and the final product is up to the highest standards
- Work with our Sales Team across the globe and assist them with quoting and research
- Learn about and use the latest translation technologies to ensure efficient production and project management
What we offer
- Work with cutting-edge technology
- Structured training programme and an experienced mentor
- Work as a part of a global team with colleagues who are experts in their fields
- Insight into a fast-growing and exciting industry
- Experience in the running and the operations of a language service agency
- Diverse work
- Prime location and great networking opportunity in a buzzing office building
- Plenty of fun and social activities during and after working hours
How we work:
- Our office is located in a lively office with plenty of like-minded professionals in the centre of New York
- Our working hours are from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday with a 1 hour lunch break
- The internship is for 4 months, which can be extended or turned into a permanent position
- Our interns are paid
- You will report to the US Operations Manager
What we are looking for:
- Recently completed or currently pursuing MA or BA studies in business, project management and/or translation and languages
- Linguistic background is not required for the role, but a genuine interest in languages is, as your work will evolve around languages
- A keen eye for details
- Ability to take initiatives and own your projects
- Flexibility and ‘can-do’ attitude
- High level of computer literacy
- Commercial awareness and drive to provide excellent client service