Translation Project Manager – Manchester
Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: ASAP
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, who will oversee the production of language services for a diverse range of brands and clients. Your primary focus will be working with our internal THG clients, but as a true team player, your work will also involve a wide range of services in other verticals and for 3rd party THG clients.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Work as a member of our THG Translation Team and manage the production of language services for internal THG clients
- Support our London-based THG Translation Team by liaising directly with our Manchester-based THG clients
- Support our London-based Operations Team by working on translation projects for a wide range of clients for Language Connect
- Oversee the full-cycle of project management and develop efficient solutions to your clients’ language requirements
- Carry out proofreading, editing and translation (occasionally) as well as text analyses and processing
- Support our junior members of the team
- Develop a trusted partnership with your clients and your colleagues by sharing your expertise and offering your support
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Exceptional language skills: near level of English and of a second language
- At least 2 years’ experience in the supply or client-side translation within a project management role preferably in the e-commerce sector
- Experience in key account management
- High level of expertise in working with TMS/CAT tools
- Ambition and courage to explore new ideas in order to develop innovative solutions and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to collaborate and share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients, partners and colleagues
- Flexibility and a positive ‘can-do’ approach that builds team spirit
What it is like to work on our Operations Teams:
- You will work in our THG Manchester office supporting our London-based team
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience in their fields, which means that you will have a strong support network around you
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As a part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a role in developing solutions that make translation easier for our clients and partners
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 3 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK by revenue. We hold the prestigious Queen’s Award in International Trade and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: