Translation Project Manager
Salary: Competitive salary + performance-based commission
Starting date: ASAP
To achieve our ambitious growth plans we have an open position in our London-based Translation Team that we are looking to fill urgently. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, who will oversee the production of language services for a diverse range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and join our team where your contribution is valued and you will work with dedicated and like-minded colleagues, who are experts in their field. We would love to discuss your opportunities at Language Connect.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Work on our Translation Team and manage the production of language services for a wide range of clients and markets
- Oversee the full-cycle of project management and develop efficient solutions to your clients’ language requirements
- Carry out proofreading, editing and translation (occasionally) as well as text analyses and processing
- Develop a trusted partnership with your clients and your colleagues by sharing your expertise and offering your support
- Have the opportunity to train and mentor junior team members
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Exceptional language skills: near level of a European language (ideally German, French, Italian or Spanish) and English
- At least 2 years’ experience in the supply or client-side translation within a project management role preferably in the e-commerce, finance, legal or leisure sectors
- High level of expertise in working with TMS/CAT tools
- Ambition and courage to explore new ideas in order to develop innovative solutions and work efficiently
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to collaborate and share their expertise to promote the growth of the team
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients, partners and colleagues
- Flexibility and a positive ‘can-do’ approach that builds team spirit
What it is like to work on our Operations Teams:
- You will work in our London office as a part of an international team
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience in their fields, which means that you will have a strong support network around you
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues and shape how we work
- As a part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a role in developing solutions that make translation easier for our clients
Language Connect is a technology-driven language solutions company headquartered in London’s fashionable Bermondsey Street area. We are in the Top 3 largest privately-owned translation companies in the UK by revenue. We hold the prestigious Queen’s Award in International Trade and have ranked in both the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 for our sales growth. Including our head office in London, the company has six offices worldwide in the US, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Singapore.
We are committed to building a diverse and global workforce and a great place to work. Our dedication to developing careers and creating an inspiring work environment has been recognised with accolades including the inaugural Best Employer in Localization Awards (BELA 2017) and by Growth Accelerator’s People Pioneer Award supported by the UK Government.
Language Connect is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary to: